- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Government Audits
- Nonprofit Audits
- Since 2007
- Georgia Society of CPAs
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Governmental Audit Quality Center
- BBA Accounting, 2006, University of North Florida
- Master of Accountancy, 2021, Auburn University
More about Sam Latimer
Sam specializes in consulting with local governments, authorities and nonprofits. Having worked in the industry for 12 years, he most enjoys meeting people and helping them learn about accounting and internal controls.
Sam believes in building a strong community, and he volunteers his time and leadership skills serving on the board of Junior Achievement, as well as serving as past president of the Gainesville Jaycees and PAC Team Member for Youth Leadership Hall County.
Always finding something exciting and challenging in his work every day at Rushton, Sam genuinely loves teaching people accounting and helping them apply that knowledge in their organizations.
A Personal Glimpse
Outside of the office, Sam most enjoys spending time with his wife Katie and children Alex, Ava and Henry. Traveling, cooking, reading and fantasy football are favorite pastimes. Most people wouldn’t know it, but Sam was a chef at a fine dining restaurant for a large hotel before becoming a CPA. He is a season ticket holder with the Atlanta Falcons and a Jacksonville Jaguars fan.