Potential Partnership Opportunity
Due to continued growth, we are currently seeking a dedicated, proactive CPA with 8+ years recent public accounting experience focused on taxation and strong technical knowledge to prepare and review tax returns, consult on tax projects, manage staff, and manage client relationships at our Gainesville, GA office. You will independently perform tax engagements for businesses and high net worth individuals from commencement to completion, direct the work of staff accountants, make sound decisions on behalf of our clients, and provide superior service.
Desired Skills & Experience:
Requirements for the position:
- BS/BA in Accounting
- 8+ years of experience focused on taxation in a public accounting firm
- Must have been working most recently in a public accounting firm
- Valid CPA license
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to manage staff and project timelines and proficiency utilizing accounting technology
- Availability to work overtime during peak periods throughout the year
- Successful completion of a background check
- Valid credentials to work in the U.S.
We would prefer you have:
- Master's degree in Taxation
- Experience in estate and trust tax, complex individual and partnership tax, and multi-state tax
- Experience in tax planning in the manufacturing, construction and medical industries
- International experience with IFRS
- Experience using Ultra Tax preparation software, Accounting CS software, and other Thomson-Reuters software
- Previous experience supervising staff
- A passion for serving clients and providing them with superior service
Our hiring decisions are based as much on strong ethics and moral character as on intelligence and professional training. We are proud to offer our employees a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, growth and partnership opportunities, an outstanding work environment, an ideal work life balance, relocation assistance and 10% of first year's billings if you bring business with you.
Rushton is located in Gainesville, Georgia just 45 minutes north of downtown Atlanta. Celebrating over 35 years in business, the firm is one of Northeast Georgia's largest and most respected accounting firms representing clients throughout the region. With a staff of more than 35 professionals, Rushton has broad expertise ranging from standard tax planning and preparation to sophisticated management advisory services and consulting. Though we are a large local firm, we thrive on developing personal, long-term relationships with every client.
Our firm believes strongly in family values and works together to provide opportunities for a healthy work and home relationship. We offer a tremendous growth opportunity for aspiring staff members seeking to grow themselves personally and professionally. We offer a great work environment and outstanding quality of life in Gainesville, the county seat for Hall County and the financial center of Northeast Georgia. The area's beauty -- in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains and on the shores of 38,000-acre Lake Lanier -- is match by a vibrant business, cultural and entertainment environment.
If you have the tax experience, leadership skills and technical know-how we are seeking, please email your resume and cover letter to Cindy Campbell, CPA, Firm Administrator at email@example.com.
Northeast Georgia Lifestyle
Consistently cited as among the best places in the country to live and work, Northeast Georgia has it all: one of the largest recreational lakes in America, some of the most beautiful mountains you’ll ever see, four full seasons, arts and cultural attractions, educational opportunities at every level, moderate cost of living and close proximity to the vast metropolitan offerings of Atlanta.
Rushton & Company Gets Special Visitor for Tax Season
Tax season means long hours for the Rushton Team, so it is important to have a little fun during this demanding time of year. During tax season the firm provides weekly “treats” for the staff to make the long hours bearable. We have ice cream and pizza parties, team Pictionary, restaurant gift card giveaways, along with daily snack and fruit trays. Our team got a big surprise when one of the famous Chick-fil-A® cows went office-to-office inviting staff to our conference room for hand-spun Chick-fil-A® milkshakes.